Sunday, February 27, 2011

Old habits die hard, new habits, not so hard

OK, so last week, I posted that I'd really messed up.  This week was my  week to make a serious comeback and be able to say that I'd turned around.  I was back on the wagon, I was {insert your favorite cliche here}.  I was very sure of myself.  Guess what?  If you guessed I didn't do that great this week again, you'd be right.  I did better than last week, but only ran about 3.5 miles all week... I ate better, but not the way I know to eat.  I read some in my Bible, but not the amount i wanted to and let's not even mention my sleep (or lack there of). 

I've heard before that the folks that are hardest on overweight people are people that used to be overweight themselves.  More than once, I've caught myself wanting to go up and give folks advice.  Tell them my story, "look at me, I did it, you can, too if you really wanted to" type discussions.  This is the opposite of what I want.  As my blog says, I want less of me.  I want to be used to help people, not to promote how good I am ('cause I really ain't that good).  I want to use what God has helped me do to help others... not to promote me.  This week has been a me week.  I want the rest of the weeks I have to be a me help others week. 

The thing that has been going through my head all weekend, thinking of what I was going to write, is "let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall".  I don't remember what version of the Bible that's from, but the scripture is 1 Corinthians 10:12.  I needed that reminder.  I've been proud of this and proud of that, not in a good way (like I'm proud of my kids), but in a "look at me" way.  I'm sorry to you my friends, family and those I haven't even met. 

This week, I want to be more humble, more meek, I want there to be less of me... less of my physically as i take off these prideful pounds and less about me.  I want to point others to my Saviour and Lord this week because it really is about Him.

Thanks for reading.  As always, may He increase and i decrease,

shane  

No comments:

Post a Comment