Sunday, February 20, 2011

I'm human

OK folks, I absolutely blew it this week.  I was kicking myself and am reminded that, despite what I often think, I am human.  I make mistakes.  The big thing is to learn from them and move on.  If there's nothing to learn, just admit I made the mistake and move on.  I want this blog to be about the analogies I see between eating healthy/excercise and what I see in the Bible.  So far, this applies to both the physical and spiritual realms. 

I ate like a moron all week and didn't excercise...  Honestly, I screwed up... I ate a big piece of pecan pie al a mode from Char this week.  I felt bad afterward and the pie wasn't as good as I remembered.  It wasn't worth it.  I had a burger this week.  It didn't taste very good and I felt bad afterward.  It just wasn't worth it.  My tastes have indeed changed.  I need to get back to eating properly and excercising and move on.

This is true in my spiritual life as well.  I haven't read my Bible as much as normal this week and I feel bad.  We'll skip the rest of the things I did (or didn't do) this week that I feel bad about and just say my tastes have changed there as well.  It just hasn't been worth it.  There are things that we do (or omit from doing) that we remember as being great, but afterwards, we think "really?  I used to like that?"  Our tastes of what we want to do/don't actually do change (see Char reference above).  The important thing is that we give these things to God and ask for forgiveness and move on.  His word tells us he casts our sins as far as the east is from the west (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm%20103:11-12&version=NIV) and does not remember them after we ask for forgiveness (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah%2043:25&version=NIV). 

As I begin a new week, I have to remember that I am human.  This doesn't give me a license to eat horribly and not excercise nor does it give me the right to commit blatent sins without a second thought.  This means that I will slip up in my fitness routine... it's gonna happen.  It also means I will sin this week.  That's gonna happen as well.  The important thing is what I do afterward. 

Hope this helps you in some way. 

May He increase and i decrease,

Shane

1 comment:

  1. OK, learned another lesson today when I went back to the gym. There are CONSEQUENSES! Neglecting my excercise time and eating habits (yes, now they are habits) last week caught up to me today.

    ReplyDelete