Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Blog inspiration

A year ago, I weighed 265 - 270 lbs.  Think about that, that is roughly 1/4 - 1/2 a full grown cow.    With the help of God and an awesome trainer (Terry at http://www.liverightnowonline.com/), I'm down 90-100 lbs to a more reasonable 170 -175 lbs. I've struggled with my weight for a long time and have known I needed to do something about it, nothing ever worked.  Terry got me on a lifestyle that is not difficult to maintain and actually worked for me. 

Now the "real" part to me.  The part that makes this a passion for me.  I am a Southern Baptist, but more than that, I am a Christian, a set apart child of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.  I am, as the saying goes, blessed beyond measure.  I believe, better I know, the God of the Universe gave me this body to be a good steward of.  He tells us through his word that it is His temple, he lives in and through us and this is the way I treat the gift He gave me?  This is the way I treat His house?  If I abused my next door neighbor's house this way, I'd be put in jail.  Still, day after day, I vandalized a much more valuable gift from a much more loving and caring source.

It is my plan to write things on this blog at least once a week that will make you think about your relationship with God and/or the body He entrusted to you.  Please subscribe to get updates and I welcome your comments, questions and input.

May He increase and I decrease,

Shane

1 comment:

  1. I think it is funny that the ads are advertising cattle on my weightloss blog...

    ReplyDelete