Sunday, November 10, 2013

It's me again!

It's been a while since I updated this and I've been missing it.

Those who know me personally know I've had a couple setbacks in my running (and my weight) lately.  I'd gained quite a bit of weight back (saw the dreaded 200s again) and haven't been running the way I used to.  What you may (probably) don't know is with the weight, came self-doubt, lack of confidence... even self-loathing at times.

I'm back down in the 170s again and starting to get my head back on straight.  Not there yet, but headed in that direction.  What I've learned through these battles is, as it says in 1 Corinthians 10:12 "Therefore, let anyone who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall".  I fell in several areas of my life.

Now, I am renewing my commitment to God first, being a better husband and father second, renewing my health third and all the other things I do/am/etc a distant fourth through whatever.

This little setback has re-affirmed what I knew, our lives are not compartmentalized.  We can't let one area of our life go down hill and keep the other areas where they should.  The further we get away from who we were made and called to be in one area, the further we are in all areas.

Please join me in re-focusing our lives on the One who matters, the One who made us, the One who is in control.   May He increase and i decrease.

Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment